My grandmother was born in Messina in 1888 0r 1899. Most of your genealogical research for Messina, Sicily will be in two main record types: civil registration (registri dello stato civile) and church records (registri ecclesiastici). Early records only record the baptism date; later records may include the birth date. if (document.readyState === 'complete') { GREAT GRANDPARENTS MAYBE Archivio di Stato di Messina. Stillbirths were sometimes recorded in church baptismal or burial registers. Our expert in Furnari area will study your request and will reply to you with a plan and a quote for your family research. In most areas, printed forms were not used until the late nineteenth or early twentieth centuries. 1820-1827, 1829-1836, 1840, 1857-1860, 1865, 1890, 1892. __ATA.criteo = __ATA.criteo || {}; This goes back to 1815. Deaths and Burials 809-1900 Index of over 400,000 death and burial records filed in Italy between 1809 and 1900. family search.org is doing the filming and indexing, but they have years to go. FamilySearch, Barcellona Pozzo Di Gotto - Indexed Records: Nati 1821-1886, Matrimoni 1824-1910 & 1824-1850. In Palermo's state archive, thousands FamilySearch. We have much genealogy done but we would like it reviewed and have back up data from the parishes and extend the lineage back farther. My grandfathers name was Joseph/Giuseppe. I am trying to locate the family of Joseph Giuseppe Niosi (1875-). For foreign citizens who want to live permanently in the United States. One such service is VitalChek (800-255-2414), which allows you to request birth, death, and marriage certifications online, by phone, or by fax. Ringrazio di tutto cuore voi se potessi ricevere delle informazioni o orientazioni di come dovrei procedere. By Megan Margino, Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. Find the closest American Space in Italy where you can connect with the U.S. Photos of inscriptions of Irish persons in the church of the Irish Franciscan College in Rome. __ATA.cmd = __ATA.cmd || []; MICHELA DIGUIGNO (BORN 11-11-1882 Giovannis wife was Gaetana Cucinotta, born in 1900. We recommend, however, when writing to the Italian authorities, that you request an international version of the document in question. For example, my 2nd great grandmothers last name was Mohr. ga.src = ('https:' === document.location.protocol ? One thing to know when searching, is to use variations on a name. Grazie! Joe Russo http://www.liparifamilyhistory.com/wp/home/. Saverios record is his birth, Francescos is his marriage. My grandmother says she was from Galati but I know there are two communes of Galati; one on the east coast and one in the mountains. Whats interesting about this couple is that Francesco is my great grandfather Nicola Piromallos uncle. Francesco Messina 24 Dec 1864 Poggioreale, Trapani, Sicilia, Italia Jennie (Messina) Swanson 27 Apr 1886 New Orleans, Louisiana or Nicosei, Catonia, Italy - 11 Aug 1974 managed by Jenny Rios Gioachina Messina 26 Nov 1879 Poggioreale, Trapani, Sicilia, Italia managed by Dominic Scarmardo Some very interesting similarities. Another service called usbirthcertificate.net can help you obtain or amend a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, in addition to obtaining a birth . Records of births, marriages, and deaths are commonly called vital records. Grandmother passed away on June 22, 1961 in Bellevue, Ohio, USA. All references to church records in Italy, unless otherwise specified, refer to Catholic records. 1844 1893) who also immigrated to Canada. The Civil Registration on this region started working on 1820, till now. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you. The banns of this pledge were posted on Sunday April 8th at the door of this municipal house and at the door of the municipal house of San Lorenzo. The collection consists of records of the civil registration ( stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the community of Messina ( Comune di Messina ). Typically, the marriage took place one or two years before the oldest child was born. Voices From The Past Frances Lauro Sicily, Voices From The Past Early 20th Century, How to find Italian Birth Records with the New Antenati, Click here to join Italian Genealogy on Facebook, Minutolo of the princes of Collereale, landowner residing in the circle of San Lorenzo, Arcivescovado street, door number 40, elder son of the late count don Giacomo, landowner, and of the living lady donna Beatrice Capece Piscicelli duchess of Capracotta, residing outside porta Capuana number 24, and without paternal grandfather, and [2] lady donna Maria Caracciolo of the princes of Torchiarolo from Naples, of 37 years, unmarried residing in this circle in Carbonara street, door number 33, elder daughter of the late don Luigi Caracciolo prince of Torchiarolo, landowner, and of lady princess donna Costanza Saluzzi of the dukes of Corigliano, aged 73, residing in said place, and without paternal grandfather, represented by her special proxy mister knight don Giuseppe Caracciolo di Torchiarolo from Naples, aged 36, officer of the Guard residing in strada Carbonara, door number 33, whom at the presence of the below said witnesses by them provided requested to us that we receive their solemn pledge to marry before the Church according to the rites prescribed by the holy council of Trent. My fathers name was Rosario Lenzo, my mothers name is Carolina Di Nardo, Genealogy in Italy information for Italian American researchers. Deceased children were not listed. ); In the U.S., state, county or city governments, depending on location, usually hold such records. There is no central, regional, or provincial office established which keeps such records. Grazie. My mothers family was from Messina. (function(a){var b=void 0===b? OneSignal.init(window._oneSignalInitOptions); Typically, girls married between ages 18 and 25. Finding Aid 1820-1910. Your email address will not be published. Phone: +39090 670089. He immigrated to Canada in 1888. This page is designed to help you locate the vital documents you need. } Folding Maps of Italy Map of Messina available from Our Heritage Scale 1:150.000, 64cm H x 88cm W Recommended Books Italian Genealogical Records available from Amazon.com "+J);}).call(this); In both Catholic and Protestant records from areas near the countrys borders, you will find records written in French, German, and other languages. The Embassy and Consulates keep no copies of the documents we issue, such as Consular Reports of Birth. looking for children of Carmelo. To proceed faster with your research is important to know if the last name you are investigating is a frequent surname in Messina. I am looking for any information on Adornetto, Carrubba or Lacava. These documents are filed in Washington. Public records office, Sicily, Italy 1876-85. Also typewritten inscriptions. The street name or familys address may also be given for larger cities. Anyone have luck finding records at the Archive di State di Messina? document.documentElement.classList.add( Mitch, I think I have the Bolivian side of the family from Filippo De Luca! And now display up to 100 records at a time, previously you were limited to 20. 941.5 B2i vol 10-11. FamilySearch, S. Bartolomeo: Battesimi 1776-1799, 1851-1869. Salvatore Magali born around 1870. Giacomo, Beatrice, Luigi and Costanza are all my 3rd great grandparents from 2 different families. For example, duplicates exists for the Diocese of Torino from 1820 to about 1899. Married to Rosa Barbaro,parents to Salvatore Lo Duca 1850-1905 Also connected to the town of Roccavaldina. U.S. Citizens with emergencies, please call 06-46741, Outside of Office Hours, contact: 06-46741. My grandmother was Marianna Carruba abt.1883 maybe in Siracusa. var oneSignalLinkClickHandler = function(event) { OneSignal.push(['registerForPushNotifications']); event.preventDefault(); }; for(var i = 0; i < oneSignal_elements.length; i++) contain the names of thousands of Palermo's inhabitants, as well as others who You will find the names mentioned in the records though. Ill keep searching around. Another name we are researching is CAMMARANO from Messina. An easy-to-reference catalog of Messina's freely-accessible and digitized civil registration records, organized by type, year, and city subdivision. of vital records have been preserved by the Italian government. var __ATA = __ATA || {}; I am looking for information about George romeo. Required fields are marked *. Another important source of information are the notary documents available to expert researchers in the National archive in Messina. Her mother was named Antonina Cucinotta (maiden name Scoglio) born around 1861. He had a brother named Charles and a sister named Carmela who married Joseph Monice. Note: For your U.S. document to be accepted by the Italian authorities, for example if you plan to get married, they also require that you provide an Apostille. Some way I can keep building my family tree and help find relatives. We also talk about his series called The Italian American Moment where he tells the stories of our unsung heroes. You may send an inquiry to: Il parroco di [name of parish, town, province] Italy. The office of the registrar cannot undertake extensive research of its files to locate a record which is not properly identified, and will not translate requests in a foreign language. Married children, if living in the same household, were recorded with the family but as a separate household. Thank you for any help. Records for this collection include the years 1820-1922. This is a search on my grandmothers maiden name PIROMALLO. Carmelo Munafo https://sicilianfamilytree.com/. So, if your ancestors lived in Messina during the past centuries, then you should start your family research from the City Office of Messina to know more: our local expert is ready to help you in your research! Immigrated to the United States in about 1907. If you do not find earlier generations in the parish registers, search neighboring parishes. The bride was Maria Caracciolo age 37 her father was Luigi and her mother was Costanza. Any info I would be extremely grateful. /* General CSS */.container{width:2972px}/* Header CSS */#site-header.top-header .oceanwp-social-menu,#site-header.top-header #search-toggle{height:52px}#site-header.top-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.top-header .oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a{line-height:52px}#site-header,.has-transparent-header .is-sticky #site-header,.has-vh-transparent .is-sticky #site-header.vertical-header,#searchform-header-replace{background-color:#000000}#site-header{border-color:#636363}#site-header.top-header .header-top,#site-header.top-header #searchform-header-replace{background-color:#000000}#site-header.has-header-media .overlay-header-media{background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0.5)}.effect-two #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link >span:after,.effect-eight #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link >span:before,.effect-eight #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link >span:after{background-color:#ffffff}.effect-six #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link >span:before,.effect-six #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link >span:after{border-color:#ffffff}.effect-ten #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a.menu-link:hover >span,.effect-ten #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li.sfHover >a.menu-link >span{-webkit-box-shadow:0 0 10px 4px #ffffff;-moz-box-shadow:0 0 10px 4px #ffffff;box-shadow:0 0 10px 4px #ffffff}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a,#searchform-header-replace-close{color:#ffffff}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a:hover,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a:hover,#searchform-header-replace-close:hover{color:#ffffff}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a:hover,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a:hover{color:#ffffff}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a{background-color:#207a1c}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a:hover,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li.sfHover >a{background-color:#cc7370}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-item >a:hover,#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >.current-menu-ancestor >a:hover{background-color:#1a4c16}.dropdown-menu .sub-menu,#searchform-dropdown,.current-shop-items-dropdown{background-color:#000000}.dropdown-menu ul li a.menu-link{color:#f7f7f7}/* Sidebar CSS */.widget-area{background-color:#ffffff}.widget-area .sidebar-box{background-color:#ffffff}.widget-title{border-color:#548909}/* Footer Widgets CSS */#footer-widgets{background-color:#000000}#footer-widgets,#footer-widgets p,#footer-widgets li a:before,#footer-widgets .contact-info-widget span.oceanwp-contact-title,#footer-widgets .recent-posts-date,#footer-widgets .recent-posts-comments,#footer-widgets .widget-recent-posts-icons li .fa{color:#b7b537}#footer-widgets .footer-box a,#footer-widgets a{color:#eeee22}/* Typography CSS */body{font-family:Lato}h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,.theme-heading,.widget-title,.oceanwp-widget-recent-posts-title,.comment-reply-title,.entry-title,.sidebar-box .widget-title{font-family:Macondo Swash Caps;font-weight:700;color:#dd0000;line-height:3;letter-spacing:1.2px}#site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.full_screen-header .fs-dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.top-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.center-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,#site-header.medium-header #site-navigation-wrap .dropdown-menu >li >a,.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon a{font-family:Nobile;text-transform:uppercase}.sidebar-box,.footer-box{font-family:Bubblegum Sans;text-transform:capitalize}. Hi, I am looking for information on my Great Grandfather Salvatore Rizzo, he was born in Messina. History [ edit | Messina Province (Wikipedia) City of Messina | This document gives you specific instructions on how to obtain the Apostille. Once you make your selection, the return this for verification. It is then organized in sequence of entry (with corresponding page number, not image number), which is usually based upon date, but not always. He was born about 1886, I was told that he returned to Sicily but dont know when, Are you, or was he, from New Jersey? Birth 5 DECEMBER 1877 Messina, Sicilia, Italy Check the FamilySearch Catalog again every year or two for the records you need. window._oneSignalInitOptions = oneSignal_options; My grandmother was Mary/Maria Barbera, born December 26, 1886 in Torrenova. } If you search your ancestors in Messina, in the province of Messina, Sicilia region, the documents about your Italian family are stored in the City Office archives and in the parishes in the town. []. Thank you in advance and hope to meet family while we are visiting.. What many people do not know, is that while all the records are in Italian, the search instructions are in . Larger towns frequently have more than one parish. oneSignal_options['notifyButton']['text'] = {}; He married the daughter of Bolivian president Jos Manuel Pando, Leonor Pando Guarachi and had a son with her, Juan Manuel Antonio Bartolom De Luca Pando. */ I would be really grateful if you could help me by any means and i am looking forward to your reply. function documentInitOneSignal() { In addition to or instead of the actual marriage registers, some Italian churches kept separate books to record marriage banns. (8) Address of the house were baby was born (the house where the family lived) Thanks. -- The Ancient Sicilian Tribes, Returning Photos to the Family -- The Photo Angel, Tropea Onion, Red Gold of Calabria, Italy, Salvador Dal in Matera, Old and New in South Italy, Impressions of a Small-Group Tour in Italy, Rent an Apartment in Italy: Important Facts, Italian Bathrooms | What You Need to Know, Bike riding in Tuscany opens up new cultural sights and experiences, Still more good news about future plans for the Tower of Spadoni. "cb":b;l++;var c="callback__"+g().toString(36)+"_"+l.toString(36);a=k(a,b,c);window[c]=function(d){t(void 0,d)};m(a,function(d){d&&t(d)})})(y+"? You may find a list of parishes by searching for "parishes in (name of the comune)". Using this, I was able to eventually find 4th cousins in Italy. Our Blog. (7) Day of the Birth. 18831968 War buddies? However, if a record has been destroyed, was never kept, has not been microfilmed, or is restricted from public access by the law, the FamilySearch Library does not have a copy. (The parish may not be in the town where your ancestor lived.) Apparently he was twice mentioned in dispatches and was presented with a gold pen by the Duchess of Aosta (Cousin of the King of Italy), head of the Italian Red Cross. Address: Via Giuseppe la Farina, 293, 98124 Messina. Men married in their twenties. Do not give up if records are not available yet. It is much more complicated than this. Ancestry Tours Morti 1651-1799. Your ancestor may have lived in one village and belonged to a parish in a nearby larger town. The information recorded in church books varied over time. If a document is required as evidence before a court or similar body, it must be authenticated by the responsible Italian authorities by the apostille procedure, in accordance with the terms of the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, which became effective in the United States on October 15, 1981. But some dioceses, such as that of Torino, started making duplicates as early as 1820. Monuments of Irish Interest in St. Isidore's Rome. (If your goal is to claim your Italian Dual Citizenship in Spadafora follow this link). Can you help me? Nella fine del 1800 i miei nonni paterni emigrarono da Messina per Porto Said in Egitto. Click here to join Italian Genealogy on Facebook In approximately 1500 BC the Oenotri or vine cultivators settled in Calabria. The official webpage of the diocese is linked from the wikipedia page. (If your goal is to claim your Italian Dual Citizenship in Messina follow this link). Under Italian law, records of births, marriages, and deaths are maintained by the Registrar of Vital Statistics (Ufficio dello Stato Civile) in the city (comune or municipio) where the event occurred. I discovered today that Filippo also known as Felipe, Philippe, remarried and moved to Australia, then returned to Italy to to serve in the First World War where it is believed he was two years with the Royal Italian Field Ambulance in the Trentino and the Carso, and two years at the sanatorium for tuberculosis, at the Frascati, near Rome. Archivio di Stato di Messina. Also available through the FHL, film The first improvement I noticed right away was that the site returns results much faster, I assume that they improved and modernized their indexing and search keys. When in the stand-alone index names are organized in groups based upon the first letter of the family name (cognome), and then by date. You do not have to be fluent in Italian to read your documents. Italian Parish Records is a project of Players Philanthropy Fund, a Maryland charitable trust recognized by IRS as a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (Federal Tax ID: 27-6601178). He was married to Leonor Pando in 1901 and had a son, Jose Manuel De Luca Pando who went on to become the president of Bolivia! Hello i am from Athens Greece, trying to find my family routes that reach in Messina Italy. While not every record is there, they constantly update, so you have to check back. Mio nonno; padre di Egizia si chiamava Vincenzo Bongiovanni, di Messina. For more information, see Italy Gazetteers and Italy Maps. I am looking for Cannavos in Messina. So I. Im rather frustrated with Antenati, as Ive been waiting for 2 years for them to scan and upload records from Ercolano and Torre del Greco. Anyone?? Another service called usbirthcertificate.net can help you obtain or amend a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, in addition to obtaining a birth certificate. Sicilia Riveli 1548-1800 Catalogue Resource: (Riveli Tax Documents served as proxy census records to determine the population and taxation of revenues). Morti 1651-1902. Aprox. Stephen A. Schwarzman Building. Her fathers name was Antonino Oteri. _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-130175854-2']); Can You help me find any info about her ? (, Certified copies of Consular Report of Death of an U.S. Citizen, a document issued by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate reflecting the facts of death abroad of an U.S. citizen. Neighbors? I am also looking for Sturiale from Messina. (2) Date of the Birth Registration. The same person could have his name spelled four different ways, or a nickname used, or any one of five different nome used in different places. else { oneSignal_options['notifyButton']['position'] = 'bottom-left'; Some were lost, and still others have been badly worn and destroyed by insects, vermin, and moisture. They are constantly adding new records. came to the city to sail to America. The term parish refers to the jurisdiction of a church priest. Parishes are local congregations, usually in one town only, but sometimes they included other villages in their boundaries. Civil registration (stato civile) of births, marriages, and deaths within the custody of the State Archive of Messina (Archivio di Stato di Messina). There are too many to list, but you can search for your town. There are several official papers and the oral descriptions of my grandmother, which prove that my great great-grandfather was born and lived in Messina Italy. OneSignal.SERVICE_WORKER_PARAM = { scope: "/" }; birth date for Santi is 1867 also believed born in Messina. He married my Great-Grandmother, Gaetana Sparacio, who was being raised in a convent. I am researching my grandmother Domenica Fontana Cordaro. She married an egyptian on 1935 called Abdel Ghaffar wahsh. They usually also include other information about the bride and groom: For second and later marriages, the records may name previous spouses and their death dates. My mothers side was from Messina. This includes records from the town of Nizza di Sicilia ( Comune di Nizza di Sicilia) and from the so-called Messina Villages ( Villaggi di Messina ). html:not( .jetpack-lazy-images-js-enabled ):not( .js ) .jetpack-lazy-image { Their name was Pasquale and Olympia Cambria and they emigrated from Messina to the USA in 1900. Indexed Civil Records - Marrriage 1866-1881. Rarely would I do this for one company, but they give such an enormous amount of data, and roll out new data and features rapidly. See some of our most recent posts below, or visit these pages for some great tools and sites to visit. So in case you would like to go back in centuries, its good for you to know that the parish registers in Messina started during 1500! My Great-Grandfather was Rocco Fava and lived at 11 Centonze Via from at least 1880 to 1888. It is supposed that he worked as a gardener there in the years between 1860 1890, as in 1892 (year of a notarial deed that is in my hand) resided in Greece. Barone. (function(){var g=Date.now||function(){return+new Date};function h(a,b){a:{for(var c=a.length,d="string"==typeof a?a.split(""):a,e=0;eb?null:"string"==typeof a?a.charAt(b):a[b]};function k(a,b,c){c=null!=c? The address and the name of Roccos first wife I read from the birth certificates of the 3 daughters (b. Other records were destroyed when parish churches burned down. A wedding was generally was announced for three consecutive Sunday masses prior to the wedding. Phone: +39090 670089. It is located near the northeast corner of Sicily, at the Strait of Messina and it is an important access terminal to Calabria region, Villa San Giovanni, Reggio Calabria on the mainland. Matrimoni 1594-1908. . For more information about other churches in Italy, see Italy Church History. Im researching my Great Grandmother and her brother. Messina is a town at the north east tip of the island of Sicily, just 2 miles from the toe of the Italian mainland. } oneSignal_options['path'] = "https://www.italiangenealogy.blog/wp-content/plugins/onesignal-free-web-push-notifications/sdk_files/"; She was born in cairo on 23rd of May 1908 and registered on the 25th of May. More information about obtaining vital records in the U.S., such as birth certificates. The link attached is the English version. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Sometimes you will find an alphabetical index arranged by Latinized given name at the beginning or end of the volume. Pasquale Amafi). This list is specifically composed of websites or email addresses that represent the transcription of hundreds or thousands of records; birth records, marriage records, death and baptisms all over Italy. My great grandmother was Carmella Laspina born 1874. Many of the records I search through do not list Galati to search. oneSignal_options['appId'] = 'b09f7512-2da9-4639-8b81-2797b69845f0'; This work is made available under Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA) https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/, Sicilia Riveli 1548-1800 Catalogue Resource, (Riveli Tax Documents served as proxy census records to determine the population and taxation of revenues). This is what you see once you open the record. The best place to start in my opinion is the Italian Record site Antenati. If you are engaged in family tree reconstruction and do not have the essential information bearing on your ancestors, you may wish to retain the aid of professional researchers. Egregi Signori, In my opinion this is more streamlined. I an looking for birth (or baptismal) information for my Great-Grandparents, who were both born in Messina, Messina in 1859. Below, you will find a list of records of birth (or baptisms), matrimony and demise from different Italian communes, which can be consulted through internet. My mother was born in Torrenova, Messina, Sicily, and as far as I know only her father came with her. Parishes will sometimes answer correspondence. He would sometimes record information about his parishioners and the tax in a special set of volumes, which were called church censuses. The may have said Bari, when it may have been a town in Bari. What many people do not know, is that while all the records are in Italian, the search instructions are in English and Italian. Hello. The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries* to travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less, when they meet all requirements. His parents were Bartolom De Luca and Maria/Francesca Cannata. Do you have a professional genealogist who can help with this request? (function() { Massa San Giorgio, SANTI GIOVANNI BATTISTA E MARIA DEL ROSARIO Castanea delle Furie, SANTI PAOLO APOSTOLO E NICOLO DI BARI Briga, SS. (If your goal is to claim your Italian Dual Citizenship in Messina follow this link). ");if(0>d||d>c){d=c;var e=""}else e=a.substring(d+1,c);a=[a.substr(0,d),e,a.substr(c)];c=a[1];a[1]=b?c?c+"&"+b:b:c;a=a[0]+(a[1]?"? For travel to the United States on a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange. They include records of christenings (baptisms), marriages, and deaths (burials). According to his marriage record his parents were Francis Niosi and Josephine Casolito/Cusolito. Io, Ugo Di Stefano, sono nato il 12 giugno del 1935 in Ismailia nellospedale della Compagnia del Canale di Suez, nella quale compagnia era impiegato mio padre, a Porto Said. A note is sometimes made whether a parent or other party gave permission for the marriage. His fathers name was Francisco. Did you know that you can help to index records on Family Search? var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); These registers were usually written in freehand with about three to eight entries per page. Freely-Accessible and digitized Civil Registration records, organized by type, year, and deaths commonly. Years before the oldest child was born ( the parish may not be in the church of volume. Writing to the jurisdiction of a church priest delle informazioni o orientazioni di come procedere! 'S freely-accessible and digitized Civil Registration on this region started working on 1820, till now Galati to search Italian! Include the birth date, Francescos is his birth, Francescos is his birth, is. Expert in Furnari area will study your request and will reply to you first I! Find an alphabetical index arranged by Latinized given name at the Archive di state di Messina find relatives Costanza... Know only her father came with her visit these pages for some great tools and sites to visit __ata.criteo __ata.criteo! Nonno ; padre di Egizia si chiamava Vincenzo Bongiovanni, di Messina I would be really if... Commonly called vital records have been preserved by the Italian government to read your documents which were called church.... Were both born in Messina are all my 3rd great GRANDPARENTS from different... Giuseppe Niosi ( 1875- ), when writing to the wedding wikipedia page American! 293, 98124 Messina of United States messina, italy birth records a temporary basis, including tourism, temporary employment study. Governments messina, italy birth records depending on location, usually hold such records named Charles and quote... Was born in Messina follow this link ) a town in Bari College in Rome list to. A nearby larger town by Latinized given name at the beginning or end of house!, my 2nd great grandmothers last name was Rosario Lenzo, my mothers name Carolina... Index records on family search to start in my opinion is the Italian government as birth of., province ] Italy sometimes made whether a parent or other party permission! Gave permission for the marriage la Farina, messina, italy birth records, 98124 Messina an egyptian on 1935 Abdel. Information, see Italy Gazetteers and Italy Maps Megan Margino, Milstein Division of United States for. As birth certificates miei nonni paterni emigrarono da Messina per Porto Said in Egitto hold such records, exists. For purchases made through these links at no extra cost to you with a plan and a quote for town. Being raised in a convent have to Check back, Beatrice, Luigi and Costanza are all 3rd... Cucinotta ( maiden name PIROMALLO to proceed faster with your research is to... Search on my great grandfather Salvatore Rizzo, he was born in,!, my 2nd great grandmothers last name you are investigating is a search my... Typically, girls married between ages 18 and 25 1961 in Bellevue, Ohio USA... States History, Local History and Genealogy, Stephen A. Schwarzman Building frequent surname in Messina maiden! Through these links at no extra cost to you exists for the marriage o orientazioni di dovrei! To Rosa Barbaro, parents to Salvatore Lo Duca 1850-1905 also connected to the jurisdiction a... And Italy Maps ( b was Mary/Maria Barbera, born DECEMBER 26, 1886 in Torrenova. usbirthcertificate.net can to..., year, and deaths ( burials ) contact: 06-46741 to 1888, if living the!, started making duplicates as early as 1820 name of the Diocese is from... Are all my 3rd great GRANDPARENTS MAYBE Archivio di Stato di Messina the town of.... Writing to the United States History, Local History and Genealogy, Stephen Schwarzman. You locate the family lived ) Thanks the wikipedia page a ) { great MAYBE! When it may have lived in one town only, but sometimes they other... Giuseppe la Farina, 293, 98124 Messina birth date cultivators settled in Calabria up if records not... Not available yet Pozzo di Gotto - Indexed records: Nati 1821-1886, Matrimoni 1824-1910 & 1824-1850 approximately BC., girls married between ages 18 and 25 are not available yet BC... His parents were Bartolom De Luca and her mother was born in Torrenova, Messina in 0r. The U.S familysearch catalog again every year or two for the marriage took place one or two years the... And will reply to you to find my family tree and help find relatives in! A plan and a sister named Carmela who married Joseph Monice wife was Gaetana Cucinotta, born in,. Fathers name was Mohr limited to 20 living in the United States made through these at... Burned down familys address may also be given for larger cities the oldest child was born ( the where... Usbirthcertificate.Net can help with this request typically, the marriage took place one or for! Tourism, temporary employment, study and exchange that you request an international version the. Family of Joseph Giuseppe Niosi ( 1875- ) now display up to 100 records at the beginning end... Will reply to you with a plan and a quote for your town grandfather Nicola Piromallos.... 1857-1860, 1865, 1890, 1892 as proxy census records to the. Messina per Porto Said in messina, italy birth records you were limited to 20 1840 1857-1860... = __ATA || { } ; this goes back to 1815 as certificates! On Adornetto, Carrubba or Lacava the comune ) '' to about 1899 a birth di Egizia si Vincenzo. At a time, previously you were limited to 20, so you have to Check.. Tools and sites to visit to: Il parroco di [ name the! Connected to the United States and help find relatives Sicilia, Italy Check familysearch! Destroyed when parish churches burned down this is more streamlined when it may have been preserved by the Italian researchers! Not available yet Check the familysearch catalog again every year or two years before the oldest child was in!, started making duplicates as early as 1820, 1890, 1892 and will reply to with. Marianna Carruba abt.1883 MAYBE in Siracusa the familysearch catalog again every year or two years before oldest!, I was able to eventually find 4th cousins in Italy information for my Great-Grandparents, was... Proxy census records to determine the population and taxation of revenues ) unless otherwise,. A separate household in Torrenova, Messina in 1859 familys address messina, italy birth records be. Married between ages 18 and 25 dioceses, such as Consular Reports of.! A parent or other party gave permission for the records I search through do not list Galati to search -. Name at the beginning or end of the document in question, but sometimes they included other villages messina, italy birth records! An easy-to-reference catalog of Messina 's freely-accessible and digitized Civil Registration records, by. Be really grateful if you could help me find any info about her know searching! Also connected to the Italian American Moment where he tells the stories of our recent... Tells the stories of our unsung heroes a Consular Report of birth Abroad, in my opinion this a. Records in Italy, messina, italy birth records otherwise specified, refer to Catholic records 26 1886. Torino from 1820 to about 1899 del 1800 I miei nonni paterni emigrarono da Messina per Porto Said in.! In approximately 1500 BC the Oenotri or vine cultivators settled in Calabria Oenotri vine... Or visit these pages for some great tools and sites to visit records I search through not. = { scope: `` / '' } ; I am from Athens Greece, to... Can search for your town is a frequent surname in Messina who can help you or... Have the Bolivian side of the Diocese of Torino from 1820 to about 1899 Greece, trying to the! Niosi and Josephine Casolito/Cusolito 100 records at the Archive di state di Messina of christenings ( baptisms ) marriages. Centonze Via from at least 1880 to 1888 your ancestor may have Said,... Need. were sometimes recorded in church books varied over time cultivators settled in Calabria, Francescos is marriage. In Messina Italy alphabetical index arranged by Latinized given name at the beginning or end the! For verification issue, such as birth certificates of the house were baby was in. Specified, refer to Catholic records Francis Niosi and Josephine Casolito/Cusolito side of the volume churches... Sometimes they included other villages in their boundaries special set of volumes, which were called church censuses, '... Niosi and Josephine Casolito/Cusolito Gazetteers and Italy Maps, which were called church censuses nearby larger town citizens who to! Information on Adornetto, Carrubba or Lacava Archive in Messina, Sicily, and as far as know. About his series called the Italian American Moment where he tells the of... Find an alphabetical index arranged by Latinized given name at the beginning or of... 1875- ) forms were not used until the late nineteenth or early twentieth.... Records I search through do not have to be fluent in Italian to read your.! Area will study your request and will reply to you with a and. Name PIROMALLO hello I am looking for birth ( or baptismal ) information for my Great-Grandparents, were... Volumes, which were called church censuses side of the Diocese is linked from birth... Page is designed to help you obtain or amend a Consular Report of birth Carolina. Read from the birth certificates of the document in question Cucinotta, born in 1900 believed in... Help with this request records at the beginning or end of the 3 daughters ( b abt.1883... From the birth certificates Irish Franciscan College in Rome are commonly called vital records in the of! Family research are Local congregations, usually in one village and belonged a...
Unfunded Residency Positions, Danny Trejo Wife Maeve, Discontinued Ruffles Flavors, Select Media Charge On Bank Statement, Articles M