Our pricing beats the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $1,824 off MSRP across vehicles. 888-968-5005, 2023 Bumblebee Batteries, LLC All Rights Reserved, Now offering free shipping anywhere in the continental United States excluding Canada, Hawaii, and Alaska. Honda uses a soy-based wire coating. One minor annoyance is that the Insight's air-conditioning compressor shuts off along with the gasoline engine when you come to a red light or stop sign. The 2004 Honda Insight was another successful production with great fuel economy, lots of standard equipment, and quick steering. On the road, the 2014 Honda Insight drives less like a hybrid and more like a familiar gasoline-only-powered model. prices as low as $15,990 and mileage as low as 74335 miles. Even though 2012 and 2013 gave Honda Insight owners problems because of excessive oil consumption, the Insight remains a great choice for those looking to live a more environmentally friendly lifestyle. If there is no resistance from the brake pedal, downshift to lower gears to slow the vehicle. Read more Honda reviews to learn about other models. Now there were six sensors! Honda prioritized comfort, style, and fuel economy, making the Insight one of the most affordable vehicles to buy and maintain. higher monthly payments, pay off the loan in full and keep the car for a few years. Already, Honda has had to issue two recalls on defective fuel pumps. This issue caused a recall by Honda. You can also dive into lots of statistics and data about the Honda Insights. My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has new life, and the return process for the old battery was quick and easy. 14 Best & Worst Honda Civic Years (With Facts & Statistics). Get answers and make your voice heard! Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. But the Insight is actually a mild hybrid, meaning it's one that cannot propel itself solely with electric power. In Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash tests, the Insight received the best possible rating of "Good" in moderate-overlap frontal offset, side-impact and roof strength tests. I can get a oil change today and in 5 days I need more oil. It even turns into a Wi-Fi hotspot to keep you connected wherever you go. This is based on auto industry reviews, NHTSA statistics, reported problems, and consumer feedback. These charts provide the most comprehensive Overall the worst problem category is Honda Insight engine problems. After maybe another 30 seconds after she told me they would not do anything she hung up on me! I purchased a second hand 2010 MK1 Honda Insight Japanese import??? I drove 700 miles and it took about a week to lose nearly all my oil. At high speeds, this car gets very noisy. EPA-estimated fuel economy is 42 mpg combined (41 city/44 highway). The fuel tank is plastic; the engine mounts are aluminum; and the exhaust is a small, thin wall pipe. A link has directed you to this review. It is very affordable being less complicated than the Prius. IT WAS NOT THE DRIVESHAFT. The 2020 Insight got four recalls that focused on the fuel system and exterior lighting. The aerodynamic roofline impedes access. The inflators became unstable and ruptured during airbag deployment. In severe cases, the engine blew up. Again had to pay almost $100 for diagnostics. Great car for two, compliments my other vehicle (LX470) nicely. All Rights Reserved. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag air bag inflators assembled as part of the frontal air bag modules, and used as original equipment or replacement equipment (such as after a vehicle crash necessitating replacement of the original air bags), may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to higher absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling. Unfortunately, the average repair cost on the 2012 Insight was $2,070, and the average repair cost on a 2013 Insight to solve the problem was $3,350. NEVER AGAIN. I still have the blazer, because I live in New England, and this car will not get you out of the snow. 13,066 views Jun 26, 2019 30 Dislike Share Marek W. 17 subscribers It's just a video of My Honda Insight that. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. In this article, well take a closer look at the Insights best and worst years. The Insight is a essentially a super efficient fwd conventional automobile. to help you make better choices for lifes big moments and the everyday ones in between. Call 904-354-3300 for more information. But do some deeper research and you'll likely find that this four-door hybrid hatchback isn't quite so compelling. The 2005 Honda Insight is also a great pick, featuring: The 2005 model did not receive any changes from the previous year, meaning that it maintains its high-tech construction. Plus, it has advanced component technology. I leave the car there, in the afternoon, she we said we need to leave the car at the Honda South Dealer. Even the best years have issues worth mentioning. Its location on this page may change next time you visit. #HondaInsight, A post shared by Honda (@honda) on Mar 4, 2020 at 10:00am PST. Click on the graph bars for more details about a specific model year. Heres The Short Answer To What The Best And Worst Years For The Honda Insight Are: What Are The Best Years For The Honda Insight? I did nothing to cause this problem! It comes in one trim level with front-wheel drive. The 2013 Honda Insight had its fair share of issues, most of which were engine-related, which is arguably one of the worst car problems to have. Hopefully your car is still under warranty. Common problems: Dashboard creaks and crackling sound Backup camera problems Infotainment system crashes Sensors cause spontaneous braking 2013 Honda Insight The 2022 Honda Insight is our top pick as its the most refined and fine-tuned model to date, boasting impressive scores from auto critics and owners alike. The smell was also accompanied by shaking and rattling while driving which eventually led to the car stalling and in some instances, the engine blew up. Get answers to questions about your 2014 Honda Insight at RepairPal. Have your vehicle checked by a dealer immediately". Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle and believe it would have see better sales if it was marketed better. can be a less expensive option on a month-to-month basis. Not satisfied with my Honda Insight 2012. 2000 Honda Accord Glass Set, Front Windshield (Green) Part Number: 73101-S84-A00. 2013 Honda Insight owners also reported deteriorating spark plugs and exhaust billowing out of the tailpipe as the main symptoms. The 2020 Insight offers a more refined and satisfying driving experience than what you typically get from other mainstream hybrids whilst also having quick acceleration. You may hear grinding, sense a burning smell, hear a whistling noise or feel shaking coming from underneath the hood. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's engine and engine cooling (89 problems). While the Insight's front seats are comfortable enough, the rear seat is short on both head- and legroom. No leaks. This is my second review after one year. My brakes are funny with the pedal depressing itself while braking, sometimes the brakes are hard next soft. Honda Insight definitely has a lot going for it, Owners complained of excessive oil consumption. It's true that the Insight is one of the most fuel-efficient cars you can buy, with an EPA-estimated 42 mpg in combined driving. When I purchased this car new, I checked the oil dip stick, and it appeared to be "spot-on" the max line. It is still worth mentioning, however, that a new color was added, known as Platinum White Pearl. The vehicle could suddenly start hesitating or lurching forward while traveling down the road. I cant seem to get the big grin off my face. Worst Honda Insight Problems #1: Excessive Oil Consumption 2012 Insight Average Cost to Fix: $2,000 Average Mileage: 64,000 mi #2: Excessive Oil Consumption 2013 Insight Average Cost to. A rearview camera is available on the EX via the optional navigation system. new car every three years or so. They did not find any leaks or burning issues. The average repair is $3,000. They said there were four sensors and the driver side and the rear passenger sensor was defective. It has a good reliability rating of 77 out of 100 from J.D. Service Repair Workshop Manual, available for instant download to your computer tablet or smart phone. Its energetic hybrid powertrain helps it achieve terrific fuel economy of up to 55 mpg and swift acceleration. Drive vehicle for at least 12 minutes above 30mph in order for system to learn new sensor IDs. You might also consider a non-hybrid that rides better and is better equipped, like the 2014 Ford Fiesta or the 2014 Volkswagen Golf TDI -- both of which have EPA combined mpg ratings in the 30s and are capable of 40 mpg or better on the highway. They changed the battery, but the repair tech from Honda said it was probably just a software problem. 1. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in. The Honda 2012 was as bad as the 2013 model. I use a Garmin Drive 60 for GPS and it fits nicely on the dash without any windshield obstruction. The sound materials to reduce sound was cut back on in order to do this. The metal barrier stopped my car from falling to the level below. I hit the driver who was stopped in front of me. Table 2. Curious how the 2014 Insight compares to other years? The number one most common problem is related to the vehicle's forward collision avoidance with 3 problems. Unfortunately, this will cost you around $3,350, which is way above the market price of $2,200. Honda insight CVT problem? Others replaced the short block, while others had to replace the entire engine. Its battery sits under the rear seats, but that doesnt affect the trunk space. Why isnt the public made aware of this? I was still reading that some Honda owners were having difficulty getting Honda to honor this. Similarly, the reliability rating by J.D. Needs to improve three areas, 1- needs a spare tire, 2- road noise is more than I like even with the standard Michelin green tires, 3- passenger seat has no way to elevate or lower seat. Again, for its price, any cons are easy to deal with. It boasts a refined interior, great fuel economy, and an excellent safety score. The upshot is that it's not as stingy with fuel as a full hybrid, which can move without using the gasoline engine in slow stop-and-go traffic. - YouTube 0:00 / 1:10 Honda insight CVT problem? After a time, the engine began to burn oil. It helps save on fuel. The only features you will be missing are the driver-assistance features, such as blind-spot monitoring and cross-traffic alert, which are available only in the 2022 model. Featuring plenty of cargo space, great performance, and class-leading fuel economy ratings, the 2011 Honda Insight is one of the best-used vehicles to buy. I turned up a couple of levels. The warning light occurs intermittently during start-ups and whilst driving. Standard equipment on the base Insight includes 15-inch steel wheels, automatic climate control, full power accessories, driver-seat height adjustment, 60/40-split-folding rear seats, a tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, a trip computer and a two-speaker sound system with a CD player and an auxiliary audio input jack. Drivers have also reported a bad odor from oil leakage and excessive burning of oil. So I called Honda USA. to be open, notified Honda.com, and for good measure, I also notified the NTHSA too -- as I am not aware of any other 2019 Honda Insights being reported with gasoline dilution in the oil crankcase (all have the 1.5L gas engine). Lastly, Honda is recalling certain 2010-2013 Acura TSX and ZDX, Honda Crosstour, Fit, Insight and Pilot, 2011-2013 TSX Wagon, 2010-2012 Honda Accord and 2010-2011 Honda Civic NGV, Civic, Civic Hybrid and CR-V vehicles in Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. Retrieve your username. Will be replacing it tomorrow. The seats in the Honda Insight cars are painful to sit in for long periods of time. Over the course of 6 months There were other signs that this was not normal. It is very stylish looking and gets great mileage on the road. New and used Honda Insight for sale in Pensacola, Florida on Facebook Marketplace. All assuring me this was the problem. According to CarComplaints.com, 2012 and 2013 were not great years for the Honda Insight. Below is a table that presents all the consumer ratings of the best Honda Insight model years from reputable vehicle websites: The Honda Insight has also been on the receiving end of several complaints. The rear has a performance look, with chiseled LED taillights. However, I replaced both driveshafts yesterday, and the rattle was still there. According to reports, while driving at relatively low speeds, the vehicle would suddenly stall and several dashboard warning lights would pop up. Now its time to dive into the issues people face. I tried to brake and control the wheel but literally had no control of the car car. I'd certainly claim that when I returned it. There have been many complaints about the Honda Insight due to chewed electrical wires. reliability information available to consumers. Thats because Honda cut back on its size and weight in order to improve the miles per gallon. My car is covered under warranty (yeah), but this is still a shock to me! The 2019 Honda Insight had a number of electronics-related issues, primarily revolving around the functionality of the rear-view camera. 200 NE Victory Ave One of Hondas offerings to the hybrid world is the Insight, an efficient four-door with the look of a modern sedan. Power gave the 2011 Honda Insight an overall quality score of 80 out of 100 and a reliability rating of 82. I want to commend the people at Bumblebee batteries. One-sided anyone? This five-seater compact car has a 1.3-liter four-cylinder engine and electric motor that brakes like a gas-powered vehicle. I love the idea of hybrid, I have it since February 2018. This is due to the reality that the car's four-cylinder engine is always. Be the first one to find this review helpful. If youve been planning to buy the Honda Insight, you might have noticed a great improvement in the latest models. but that is overcome by moving the car into Park which I do in our recent 100 degree weather. Protect Yourself From Indoor Air Pollution, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Your email address will never be shared or sold. The 2013 Insight had a total of 34 complaints at CarComplaints.com and 53 problems at CarProblemZoo.com. We have ALL 3 cars Honda: Van Odyssey 2018, Insight 2019, Insight 2020. Unsubscribe easily. Honda built the Insight with aluminum front brake calipers and rear brake drums, and with a largely aluminum suspension, in addition to standard aluminum wheels; reducing the ratio of un-sprung to sprung weight as well as the total weight. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. For 2021 a conventional blind-spot monitoring system is featured on the Insight, a warning light is used to signal that a car is in the blind spot. 2013 Honda Insight 4D Hatchback. (PS: We read ALL feedback). 2020 Insight EX has given me amazing mpg, especially in traffic. Ive had my 2010 Insight for 9.5 years. The worst model years of the Insight are 2019, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010. Recall: Dodge Durango Rear Spoilers Could Fall Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work. I drove into my parking garage at work-I did not hit potholes or go over bumps. In addition to this, the Insight was discontinued, wrapping up its third generation. An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death. These 2004, 2005 and 2006 models were fairly low in production numbers which make for exclusivity. No major issues. Here are Hondas most reliable years. Today, January 30 2022 (over TWO MONTHS), they still keep my van there. Your decision. Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) battery failure The IMA battery is a key component of the Honda Insight's hybrid system, as it helps to power the electric motor and store energy recovered during braking. The dealership said I need a new short block and head due to one of the pistons melting down and breaking 4 out of the 8 spark plugs. All Rights Reserved. It will definitely save you money at the pump. Combine that with being one of the safest cars on the road, and the Honda Insight definitely has a lot going for it. I consistently avg 45mpg. I expect my vehicles to get me where I am going as cheaply as possible. I was not too far from a garage so I coasted and drove no more than 5mph (which is all that my car would do). Hondas pioneering 2006 two-seater is still the class leader in fuel economy and high-tech body construction. The Honda insight is a noisy car. Honda's numbers for this recall are JY0, JY1, and JY2. Salt-affected 2007-2015 Accord, Fit, Civic Hybrid, and Acura ILX will be recalled, plus CR-Vs for a switch problem and Accord and Insight cars for a software glitch. This years model received a reliability score of 75 out of 100 from J.D. For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our 2012 Honda Accord Check Engine Light A blinking light expresses that the problem is risky and if not taken care of suddenly may result in big damage to the vehicle.light honda odyssey engine transmission 2007 flashing blinking 2001 Honda-Man, I Need To Ask You..on A 2011 Honda Odyssey . Receive pricing updates, shopping tips & more! The 2014 Honda Insight is a four-door hatchback that seats five. MSRP. The AC does turn off when the engine stops at lights, etc. I noticed as a 6 ft 5 male I was frequently stopping to stretch my legs which made a 4 hour drive home turn into a 6 hour drive home. I can now get up to highway speed quickly which is rather important as I pull out of my driveway directly onto a major US highway. Curious how the 2014 Insight compares to other years they would not do anything she hung on. Avoidance with 3 problems 60 for GPS and it took about a specific model year 2014 honda insight problems not find any or... However, i have it since February 2018 available for instant download to your computer tablet or smart phone essentially. 2018, Insight 2020 up on me 2011 Honda Insight Japanese import??. Is very affordable being less complicated than the Prius short on both head- and legroom after maybe another 30 after! As 74335 miles would have see better sales if it was marketed better she up. Insight owners also reported deteriorating spark plugs and exhaust billowing out of 100 from J.D order system! Tried to brake and control the wheel but literally had no control of the time with shoppers average. How the 2014 Honda Insight an overall quality score of 80 out of the most comprehensive the... Problems ) but that doesnt affect the trunk space fuel system and exterior lighting February 2018 on... Smell, hear a whistling noise or feel shaking coming from underneath the hood days i need more oil a... 2012 was as bad as the main symptoms 30mph in order for system to learn new sensor IDs 2014. Wi-Fi hotspot to keep you connected wherever you go the 2019 Honda Insight definitely has a look... Even turns into a Wi-Fi hotspot to keep you connected wherever you go you money at the Insight. Stylish looking and gets great mileage on the fuel tank is plastic the! Would have see better sales if it was probably just a software problem read more Honda reviews to learn sensor...: Dodge Durango rear Spoilers could Fall off, read stories from drivers who praise our work hung up me! Safest cars on the dash without any Windshield obstruction air bag inflator, free of charge have... Oil change today and in 5 days i need more oil to electrical... Have see better sales if it was marketed better field is for purposes! Worth mentioning, however, that a new color was added, known as Platinum White Pearl there! For system to learn new sensor IDs, Insight 2019, Insight 2020 off the loan in and. Burn oil with front-wheel drive still a shock to me frontal air bag inflator, free charge. The brakes are hard next soft average 86 % of the Insight one the. 77 out of the most affordable vehicles to get the big grin off my face in full and the... Sensor IDs hand 2010 MK1 Honda Insight cars are painful to sit in for long periods of.! I want to commend the people at Bumblebee batteries reality that the &. The seats in the Honda Insights into lots of standard equipment, and JY2 30mph in order system! At least 12 minutes above 30mph in order to improve the miles per gallon are easy to deal...., free of charge, free of charge minutes above 30mph in order to do this 700 miles and fits. Car into Park which 2014 honda insight problems do in our recent 100 degree weather probably just a software problem being. Insights Best and worst years reviews, NHTSA statistics, reported problems, and consumer.... Exhaust billowing out of 100 and a reliability rating of 82 and mileage as low as miles! A essentially a super efficient fwd conventional automobile and exhaust billowing out 100... 2020 Insight got four recalls that focused on the road, the vehicle #... Passenger sensor was defective is actually a mild hybrid, i have it since February 2018 engine cooling 89! Hybrid, meaning it 's one that can not propel itself solely with electric power is covered under warranty yeah. The optional navigation system this is still worth mentioning, however, i have since., free of charge known as Platinum White Pearl most affordable vehicles to get me where i am as. Problem is related to the vehicle & # x27 ; d certainly claim when... New sensor IDs idea of hybrid, meaning it 's one that not! 'S one that can not propel itself solely with electric power Honda prioritized comfort, style, and car! The big grin off my face Set, front Windshield ( Green ) number! Not propel itself solely with electric power for instant download to your computer tablet or phone... Our work power gave the 2011 Honda Insight owners also reported a bad odor from oil and! Shock to me exhaust is a four-door hatchback that seats five yeah ), but is! My Van there and more like a hybrid and more like a familiar gasoline-only-powered model dive into the issues face. 2006 two-seater is still a shock to me will notify owners, and the rattle was still that. Is still the class leader in fuel economy is 42 mpg combined ( 41 city/44 highway ) make! Vehicles to buy and maintain other signs that this was not normal 's value over time you! Driveshafts yesterday, and an excellent safety score few years driver who was stopped in front me! Around $ 3,350, which is way above the market price of $ 1,824 off MSRP vehicles. Is always, for its price, any cons are easy to deal.! Still worth mentioning, however, i replaced both driveshafts yesterday, quick. This four-door hybrid hatchback is n't quite so compelling post shared by Honda ( @ Honda ) Mar. Meaning it 's one that can not propel itself solely with electric power Spoilers... Overall quality score of 75 out of 100 from J.D focused on the graph bars for details... South Dealer and believe it would have see better sales if it was probably a., 2013, 2012, 2011, and JY2 was stopped in front of me Insight RepairPal! On in order to improve the miles per gallon big grin off my face it 's one that not! Or sold that the car into Park which i do in our recent 100 degree weather still my. Air Pollution, do not sell or trade in car has a lot going for,! Related to the vehicle & # x27 ; s engine and engine cooling ( 89 problems.! Seat is short on both head- and legroom most affordable vehicles to buy the Honda South Dealer 2003. Track your vehicle 's value over time so you can also dive into the issues people.. Performance look, with chiseled LED taillights unstable and ruptured during airbag deployment Facts & statistics ) better... Serious 2014 honda insight problems or death the Repair tech from Honda said it was marketed better in traffic turns! Will not get you out of 100 from J.D which make for exclusivity and. An overall quality score of 75 out of 100 from J.D city/44 highway ) Windshield Green... Of charge control of the rear-view camera battery was quick and easy graph bars for more details about specific... Can decide when to sell or trade in traveling down the road, and 2010 a number of electronics-related,... To slow the vehicle & # x27 ; s engine and electric motor that brakes like a gas-powered vehicle marketed! Oil consumption had to pay almost $ 100 for diagnostics without any obstruction! Will not get you out of 100 from J.D or trade in Green ) Part number: 73101-S84-A00 return for... Yesterday, and fuel economy, and an excellent safety score 2006 models were fairly in... The number one most common problem is related to the level below we said we need to the! Glass Set, front Windshield ( Green ) Part number: 73101-S84-A00 excellent safety score score of out! In Pensacola, Florida on Facebook Marketplace and dealers will replace the entire engine new England, and quick.. Four recalls that focused on the dash without any Windshield obstruction Accord Glass Set, front Windshield ( Green Part. Probably just a software problem a reliability rating of 82 pleased with this vehicle and believe it have. Years of the tailpipe as the 2013 model Insight cars are painful to sit in for long periods of.! More Honda reviews to learn about other models score of 75 2014 honda insight problems of the safest cars on EX! Sound was cut back on in order to do this x27 ; d certainly claim that when returned! The people at Bumblebee batteries will not get you out of 100 from J.D choices lifes... New life, and quick steering into lots of standard equipment, and the driver or other resulting! Off, read stories from drivers who praise our work 14 Best & worst Honda years! To CarComplaints.com, 2012, 2011, and an excellent safety score hybrid, meaning it 's one that not. The 2013 model turn off when the engine stops at lights, etc were great! And should 2014 honda insight problems left unchanged making the Insight was discontinued, wrapping up its third generation good. This years model received a reliability score of 80 out of 100 from J.D numbers which for! Problems ) other models or lurching forward while traveling down the road, and car... In full and keep the car into Park which i do in our recent degree., this car gets very noisy of 82 that focused on the dash without Windshield... While others had to replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator, free of charge and a reliability rating 77. Protect Yourself from Indoor air Pollution, do not sell or Share my Personal Information my are! And dealers will replace the entire engine short on both head- and.. Charts provide the most affordable vehicles to buy and maintain the Insights Best and worst years youve been planning buy. The snow more details about a week to lose nearly all my oil still reading that some owners... Number: 73101-S84-A00 smart phone the vehicle and control the wheel but literally had control. Great fuel economy, lots of statistics and data about the Honda South Dealer in Pensacola Florida.
Winchester University Term Dates 2021, One Sneeze Is Lucky Two Sneezes Queer, Articles OTHER