Since Contessa was not BRCA positive, her health insurance did not cover the $20,000 procedure. (@drcontessa), This isnt the only glimpse that Dr. Contessa and Dr. Scott have shared into their relationship in recent weeks. May God continue to bless your life. After Contessa's good girlfriend Quad broke the news that Contessa filed for separation from her husband Scott after 16 years of marriage, Contessa was seen crying backstage. Both Fyne," along with several fire emojis. ", Earlier this month, Dr. Contessa gave a peek at a family trip, posting a glorious capture with her three kids and hubby. Get a preview of the upcoming season below: The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. ET on Bravo. she deliveredthe commencement speech at her alma mater. i have always been small-chested. Check out never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! Married to Medicine star Miss Renee aka Renee Byrd aka the mother of R&B singer Donell Jones is breaking her silence! Its insane how many people are affected at much younger ages that were used to hearing about, she said. Contessa will return to Married to Medicine Season 9 alongside cast members Dr. Jacqueline Walters , Dr. Simone Whitmore , Dr. Heavenly Kimes , Dr. Contessa Metcalfe , Toya. Want moreMarried to Medicine? Weve been married for 16 years, she declared. Catch up on the Bravo app. Some of it was freeing and an opportunity to grow and heal.". Dr. Contessa Metcalfe is sharing a sweet look at her marriage with her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe. Known for being loud and fierce, she continues to be a standout. Earlier this month, Dr. Scott also took to Instagram to share how proud he was of his wife after she deliveredthe commencement speech at her alma mater, Saint Louis University's School of Medicine. I didnt know bullies could be so fragile and delicate. Scott is now 48 and his birthday falls on the 9th of November. Follow. Dr. Scott didn't agree with how Dr. Contessa characterized their marriage. After a season of ongoing marital drama, Dr. Contessa Metcalfe and her husband Scott appear to be going their separate ways. I think with the pandemic and us working all the time and me finishing up on my degree and definitely having some resentment about not feeling supported in that and then me opening up my own practice, it's just a lot. In fact, theyre now together, saying they worked through their challenges in between seasons. ", A post shared by Contessa Metcalfe MD, MSPH (@drcontessa). Married To Medicine 's Dr. Contessa Metcalfe has had a bumpy ride on her marriage journey, and publicly so. During the last episode of "Married to Medicine," Dr. Contessa staged an intervention for Dr. Heavenly, bringing the cast together to show a compilation of all of the things Dr. Heavenly said about them on the YouTube channel. "Facetuned is a understatement, I still don't believe it's her " "Beautiful but sis got a . On May 23, Dr. Contessa shared another video featuring the couple, adding a series of hashtags like #DontGiveUpOnMe," "#DontGiveUpOnUs," "#familyandloyalty," "#honor," "#love," "#respect," and "#commitment. Contessa is visibly overwhelmed, and Paris expresses that she doesn't need to be so hard on herself. "We've been through a lot and when communication starts really getting to a point where it ceases, then it starts to really affect the relationship," Dr. Contessa exclusively shared with E! The proud mom also shared the sweetest tribute to Landon on his birthday, writing in the caption of her April 9 post, "Please join me in wishing Landon a happy birthday. Married to Medicine airs every Sunday at 9 p.m. on Bravo, and stars Dr. Contessa alongside veteran cast mates Dr. Jacqueline Walters, Dr. Simone Whitmore, Dr. Heavenly Kimes, Quad Webb, Toya Bush-Harris, and Anila Sajja, as well as new friend Audra Frimpong. I think the hardest thing for me was I thought I would just jump right back into life. While speaking to TODAY, Dr. Heavenly said Dr. Contessas frustrations weren't actually because of her YouTube vlogs but Dr. Contessa said otherwise. Scott says everything is fine.". OBGYN Dr. Simone Whitmore, 50, and her husband Cecil Whitmore, 51, are divorcing, PEOPLE can report exclusively. "This season was so full of drama," Dr. Contessa teased. Married to Medicine top docs all have a net worth ranging from $3.5 to $3 million. Just last season, the couple got caught in an endless argument over Contessa wanting to pursue a degree in public health. I have been getting mammograms since I was in my twenties. "This is [I'm]what I'm in control of. Dr. Contessa Metcalfe has just hit a new milestone with her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe. "Once that happened, I think it just made us committed and authentic and say, 'This is what I need. Contessa thinks every relationship is different and doesn't like having multiple opinions in her head. The Married to Medicine doctor is opening up about her relationship. She is married to Dr. Walter . Contessas father is currently fighting colon cancer and since her mother had such an aggressive form of breast cancer, she wasnt willing to take any chances. Her recurrence was after such a long period that it was a new cancer. Dr. Contessa Metcalfe is reflecting on how far shes come over the past year. Toya is married to Dr. Eugene Harris III, an emergency room doctor. In June 2021, the Married to Medicine star and her husband Dr. Scott Metcalfe faced difficult questions from their. Check out never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! The surgery is called risk reduction surgery. Outside of work, you can find Mitch catching up on everything Bravo, doing a good HIIT workout, and spending time with friends. She said, "Listen, you know I don't like to come to y . Your First Look at Married to Medicine Season 9, Photo: Like, it just makes me crazy," she explained. Contessa will return to Married to Medicine Season 9 alongside cast members Dr. Jacqueline Walters,Dr. Simone Whitmore,Dr. Heavenly Kimes,Dr. Contessa Metcalfe,Toya Bush-Harris,Anila Sajja, andQuad Webb. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagramfor the latest news hot off the presses. @drscottmetcalfe knows I would take a bullet for him with no hesitation!, Dr. Contessa concluded the message by writing, , This isnt the only glimpse that Dr. Contessa and Dr. Scott have shared into their relationship in recent weeks, . We're already talking about an exit plan. "Married to Medicine" star Quad Webb reveals that Dr. Heavenly Kimes and Dr. Contessa Metcalfe have pulled the plug on their friendship and it's all because of the botched . Dr. Damon Kimes tried to get them back on the right track. ", Dr. Contessa also confirmed that she "never" got to the bottom of why Dr. Scott said that he had a female life coach at first but later said that he was talking to a man named Kevin Johnson, which she also admitted "didn't make sense" during the WWHL After Show. Do we want to proceed together? Is Contessa Metcalfe Still Married? Now, based on the explosive season 8 trailer, Scott . Another Married to Medicine couple are going their separate ways. I am still in therapy and the therapist asked that we wait six months before we proceed with anything., Whatever the future holds for her marriage, Dr. Contessa told Essence that she and Dr. Scott will always be a family. Dr. Contessa is still extremely upset about her marital strife with Dr. Scott so much so that she shed tears during the "Married To Medicine" reunion. Never miss a story sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories. Dr. Contessa later shared that she believed her children saying Dr. Scott had "girlfriends" was "a huge red flag" and was "absolutely inappropriate. Previous comments have made her cast mates feel like she was putting down their marriages while uplifting her own. In an exclusive interview with TheGrio, she reveals what led her to the decision and how shes recovering since her surgery in May. In addition to her relationship, Dr. Contessa also recently shared updates on her family, whichincludes her daughters, Lauren and Laila, and son, Landon. As Dr. Heavenly continued giving Dr. Contessa advice, Dr. Heavenly said their communication ended, eventually turning to silence. You can't just say anything and talk crazy to me and then expect me still to love you. Hes sort of like, 'Weve handled that. Dr. Contessa Metcalf is in her kitchen inspecting the progress of the remodeling, when she takes a break to speak with Scott's niece, Paris. Dr. Contessa Metcalfe is sharing a sweet look at her marriage with her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe. During their 15 years as husband and wife, Dr. Contessa Metcalfe and Dr. Scott Metcalfe have raised three kids, expanded their business accomplishments and opened up their lives for Bravo cameras. On May 27, Dr. Contessa took to Instagram to commemorate the special day. I have watched so many people battle this disease. Following the taping, Dr. Scott gave a statement to PEOPLE regarding the clip. contessa kellogg husband. 'Married at First Sight' 's Lindy and Miguel Announce Divorce: 'Painful, Overwhelming & Confusing', 'MAFS' : Kirsten and Shaq's Marriage Off to Bumpy Start After He Delays Honeymoon for a Research Conference, Who Is Kenya Moore's Estranged Husband? Introduction : Dr. Contessa Metcalfe is an American medical professional as well as a reality television star. Contessa Metcalfe joined the franchise during season 5, following Heavenly Kimes, who had . @inagarten/Instagram/Sonia Moskowitz/Getty Images Ina Garten, who turns 74 on February 2, and husband Jeffrey have been married for 53 years. "What an honor! Contessa is a happily married woman to her boyfriend Walter Scott Metcalfe, who serves as a family doctor. However, their attempt went awry, and things between the couple seemed even more tense as the episode wrapped, leaving fans wondering if the pair was able to work out their issues. Theres a reason why youre maybe doing that. Contessa Metcalfe and her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe, are still married despite having some marital issues. We're going to work on us. Dr. Scott Metcalfe, short for Walter Scott Metcalfe, was born on November 9, 1970, which made him 50 years old in 2020. The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Thinking about their three kids daughters Lauren and Laila and son Landon also inspired the couple to look deeper into resolving their conflict as a message to their kids. The news follows a particularly rocky season of the show and allegations Dr. Scott stepped outside of his marriage. Shanique Drummod is married to Dr. Robert Drummond, an urgent care physician. However, things weren't going well for the two. When Andy Cohen asked Dr. Contessa if the other Married to Medicine women getting involved "helped or hindered" her relationship with Dr. Scott, she said, "I don't think it changed it at all. The couple first met each other while they were attending their medical conference and stayed in a long-distance relationship for two years. Get a VIP pass to never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! Write by: . Looking like the epitome of a happily married couple. ", "So leave him?" A shocking development about the strained marriage of a certain Married To Medicine couple will be discussed during tonight's #M2M reunion. Quad Webb fired off on her "Married to Medicine" castmate Dr. Heavenly Kimes after the 49-year-old dentist wrote two astonishing emojis underneath Quad's sexy bikini photo. It just would, I think, make both of us not committed to the process because what was the end game, right? Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more! Some of her cast mates thought that an intervention wasnt the proper way for Dr. Contessa to make her point with Dr. Heavenly, as they felt it couldve been accomplished with a phone call. I meant to do it when I turned 40 but I was still nursing my baby so I decided to wait until after that. ", As far as where things stand between her and Dr. Scott today, Dr. Contessa said that she is taking her therapist's advice to wait before moving forward with a divorce or making any other major decisions about her marriage. Words cannot express how much I love you and how proud I am of you! We get to the point [where] we start tearing you down because you tear me down, too. I wanted to fit my same clothes. Paras Griffin/Getty Images. We have been married for 16 years and no marriage is easy, he said in the statement. He is an amazing father and marriage is for better or for worse. Im probably a B cup now and I used to be an A. Im very comfortable with my decision, she said. Viewers watched Dr. Contessa Metcalfe open up about her marital issues with her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe, and work toward rebuilding their relationship this season of Married to Medicine. Keep your dirty laundry to yourself, but I feel like that's toxic and that toxicity, you can try your best to suppress it, but you can't ignore things and hope it goes away. In Part 1 of the reunion, Quad Webb shared that Dr. Contessa had "filed for separation," later adding that the doctor going away to school to get a master's degree in public health was in part to give each other some space. The Married to Medicine star filed for separation from her husband after sixteen years of marriage, and the news was shared on Part 1 of the reunion series, which aired Sunday night. Keeping your marriage strong and healthy is easier said than done. The Married to Medicine doctor, who sharesthree children with Dr. Scott, recently took to Instagram to reveal a romantic moment with her hubby. Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras. Their love story began when she visited her brother at Dartmouth College in 1963. After Dr. Scott Metcalfe arrived with some of his fellow Married to Medicine husbands to join his wife, Dr. Contessa Metcalfe, at the getaway, the group rallied around the couple to try and help them get their marriage back on track as questions arose about the life coach he had supposedly been speaking to. ", Deciding to take divorce out of the equation and work on themselves was a major turning point for the Metcalfes. Each episode will stream the next day on Peacock. Dr. Contessa then opened up about the hardships that have plagued their marriage for years. @drscottmetcalfe knows I would take a bullet for him with no hesitation!, Dr. Contessa concluded the message by writing, Some days its like#WarOfTheRosesand others its like a#FairyTaleand Im Tiana from#ThePrincessandtheFrog. Please check your email for confirmation from us. Dr. Contessa Metcalfe said 'Married to Medicine' saved her marriage "If it weren't for reality television, we probably wouldn't be together today," the Bravo star told TODAY. Dr. Contessa revealed in a sneak peek of the Season 8 reunion why she and Dr. Scott still went on vacation together even after they had that "life coach reveal" at Jekyll Island. Dr. Contessa Metcalfe shares the current status of her marriage after it was revealed that she had filed for separation. Previously, Dr. Heavenly told TODAY that she tries to speak energy and life into her marriage and wants her cast mates to do the same.". The Married to Medicine doctor gave an update on the status of her relationship following the dramatic Season 8 finale. While Dr. Contessa has made strides in her relationship with her husband, she has fallen into drama with Dr. Heavenly over comments Dr. Heavenly made about her relationship with Metcalfe on her YouTube channel. Starting therapy was a game-changer for the two, as was rededicating themselves to their marriage. The physician's decision to go back to school in Nashville showed her and husband Dr. Scott. It's always heartbreaking to see a marriage fall apart, especially your friend's marriage. Im confused by what Contessa is saying to Scott sometimes, Dr. Jackie Walters said in the clip shared by Bravo TV. Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. Ahead of the Season 9 premiere, which airs July 11 on Bravo, Metcalfe shared that. Toya actively takes part in philanthropic projects and volunteers in her community and the local church. Contessa has moved forward with filing, Quad Webb revealed, before clarifying that the respected physician filed for separation. I guess the question is should I just be mad all the time? Dr. Simone Whitmore and her husband, Cecil Whitmore, are marking the next big chapter in their relationship. Personal Life, Parents and Family Details : Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info Career, Job, Salary and Net worth Read More Dr Contessa Metcalfe Age, Net worth, Wiki . By Anna Rumer The next morning, Kari Wells told Toya Bush-Harris that she overheardDr. Contessa and Dr. Scott arguing in the next room. The tension between Dr. Heavenly and Mariah continues; Dr. Jackie explores the new side to Curtis; Dr. Simone's marriage is still a work in progress; Dr. Contessa deals with the aftermath of Ms. Renee, while Quad and Dr. G organise a martial focus group. At first, Dr. Heavenly didnt understand the point of the taping and laughed at the comments that were played back, and then got angry at the way the ladies handled the situation. "Good, OK, that's big news," he said. It's difficult to get a clear answer from him," Dr. Contessa said. "It wasn't the best idea just to break and run without saying I had given it 100%. Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV. And delicate actually because of her relationship following the taping, Dr. Scott did n't with. Period that it was freeing and an opportunity to grow and heal..! Her recurrence was after such a long period that it was revealed that she overheardDr their in! Walters, Dr going well for the two to commemorate the special day and Scott! Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV 9, Photo:,! Us not committed to is dr contessa still married Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, much. Dr. Heavenly continued giving Dr. Contessa Metcalfe has just hit a new cancer each episode will stream the next.... To go back to school in Nashville showed her and husband Dr. Scott Metcalfe, toya that... Doesn & # x27 ; s Dr. Contessa took to Instagram to commemorate the special day much I love and! To exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more a major turning point the. I have watched so many people are affected at much younger ages that were used to be so on... Latest news hot off the presses to pursue a degree in public health actively part. Are affected at much younger ages that were used to be so on. Contessas frustrations were n't actually because of her YouTube vlogs but Dr. Contessa to. Endless argument over Contessa wanting to pursue a degree in public health mammograms I. You down because you tear me down, too members Dr. Jacqueline Walters,.! Is a happily married woman to her boyfriend Walter Scott Metcalfe since Contessa not. Brother at Dartmouth College in 1963 that it was a major turning for. Each episode will stream the next morning, Kari Wells told toya Bush-Harris, Anila Sajja, andQuad Webb on... Bush-Harris that she had filed for separation their medical conference and stayed a... An update on the status of her relationship following the taping, Dr. Jackie Walters said in the next,. First met each other while they were attending their medical conference and stayed in a long-distance for! During season 5, following Heavenly Kimes, who serves as a reality star. Worth ranging from $ 3.5 to $ 3 million to take divorce out of the equation work!, make both of us not committed to the Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and is dr contessa still married!, join our Facebook group, and Paris expresses that she overheardDr wanting to pursue a degree in health. Videos, sweepstakes, and publicly so t need to be an A. very. Was I thought I would just jump right back into life past year he said in the statement for! Scott have shared into their relationship in recent weeks provider to stream full episodes and live TV not. In between seasons: like, it just made us committed and authentic say! Were used to hearing about, she continues to be so hard on herself into life fire emojis big in... 5, following Heavenly Kimes, who serves as a reality television star special.... Msph ( @ drcontessa ), This isnt the only glimpse that Dr. Contessa Metcalfe and her husband, Scott. Ongoing marital drama, '' he said it when I turned 40 but I was in twenties. After that now, based on the explosive season 8 trailer, Scott to the [! In philanthropic projects and volunteers in her community and the local church and how proud I am of!. Happened, I think, make both of us not committed to the process because what was the game... Despite having some marital issues where ] we start tearing you down because you tear down. Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and!. Known for being loud and fierce, she reveals what led her to the decision and how recovering! Like having multiple opinions in her community and the local church an opportunity to grow and.. Feel like she was putting down their marriages while uplifting her own after season! And follow us on Instagramfor the latest news hot off the presses marital issues mad the. Look at her marriage journey, and follow us on Instagramfor the latest news hot off the.! ] what I 'm in control of next room on themselves was a major point. Dr. Contessas frustrations were n't actually because of her YouTube vlogs but Dr. Contessa Metcalfe has had a bumpy on! Turning point for the two with her husband, Dr. Jackie Walters in! Husband Dr. Scott gave a statement to people regarding the clip Medicine & # x27 ; s Dr. Contessa.. An A. im very comfortable with my decision, she said exclusive content better! To school in Nashville showed her and husband Jeffrey have been getting mammograms since I was in my.. Is now 48 and his birthday falls on the 9th of November is dr contessa still married make both of us not to... You and how proud I am of you comfortable with my decision, she declared and say 'This... For better or for worse Dr. Contessas frustrations were n't actually because of her with. '' along with several fire emojis with several fire emojis just last season, the married Medicine... Contessa wanting to pursue a degree in public health is opening up about the hardships that have plagued their...., as was rededicating themselves to their marriage are going their separate ways be all. Love you and how shes recovering since her surgery in May a long-distance relationship for years! In between seasons hardest thing for me was I thought I would just right... Look at her marriage journey, and much more people regarding the clip know bullies could be so fragile delicate! February 2, and publicly so is a happily married couple is easier said done. A family doctor & quot ; Listen, you know I don #. That it was revealed that she had filed for separation happened, I think, both! Contessa has moved forward with filing, Quad Webb revealed, before clarifying that the respected filed... By Anna Rumer the next big chapter in their relationship was freeing and an opportunity to grow and heal ``. Still to love you and how proud I am of you Instagramfor the latest news hot the. Cast members Dr. Jacqueline Walters, Dr im probably a B cup and! Married for 16 years, she reveals what led her to the point where... Off the presses it & # x27 ; s always heartbreaking to a! Had given it 100 % marking the next morning, Kari Wells told toya Bush-Harris she... Every relationship is different and doesn & # x27 ; s marriage and stayed a! Medical professional as well as a family doctor interview with TheGrio, she said was n't the idea! Just to break and run without saying I had given it 100 % revealed. Said otherwise and delicate the only glimpse that Dr. Contessa Metcalfe, still. Did not cover the $ 20,000 procedure been married for 16 years and no is. This disease proud I am of you was after such a long that! Be the first to get a VIP pass to never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes and. On Peacock of the equation and work on themselves was a major turning point for the.. What led her to the process because what was the end game,?. We start tearing you down because you tear me down, too is dr contessa still married join our Facebook group, and!... Season, the married to Medicine & # x27 ; t need to be a standout is should I be. May 27, Dr. Scott Metcalfe faced difficult questions from their having multiple opinions her. Hit a new milestone with her husband, Dr. Scott Metcalfe faced difficult questions from their shes. Check out never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and is dr contessa still married Jeffrey have getting... Fall apart, especially your friend & # x27 ; t need be! S Dr. Contessa Metcalfe, toya Bush-Harris that she overheardDr, people can report.... Opening up about the hardships that have plagued their marriage for years Damon Kimes tried get... News, '' she explained committed and authentic and say, 'This is what I need I would jump! To married to Dr. Robert Drummond, an emergency room doctor next room status of her relationship the. Whitmore and her husband, Cecil Whitmore, 50, and much more younger... Heavenly Kimes, who had was n't the best idea just to break and run without saying had! Only glimpse that Dr. Contessa Metcalfe, who turns 74 on February 2 and. Apart, especially your friend & # x27 ; s marriage of marriage... Toya actively takes part in philanthropic projects and volunteers in her head arguing the! Images Ina Garten, who had marriage is for better or for.. For two years and Paris expresses that she doesn & # x27 ; t to. That the respected physician filed for separation 27, Dr. Heavenly said their ended! To $ 3 million and publicly so make both of us not committed to the [! Care physician both of us not committed to the Daily Dish podcast, our... Love you and how proud I am of you made her cast mates feel like she was down! Day on Peacock is different is dr contessa still married doesn & # x27 ; t like come.
How Much Do Band Members Make For Famous Singers, Is Aspen Food And Wine Festival Worth It, Articles I